Sunday 2 February 2014

Being A Woman

"Bella Harris"

It is hard being a woman.
Put on earth for the pleasure and entertainment of the opposite sex.
Isn't that what it says in the Bible? That Eve was then created for the purpose of being Adam's companion, or something in that line?

It is hard being a woman in a world where people expect you to just sit there, look pretty, dress your best, smile and be ornamental so that men could have something pleasurable to look at.
If you are lucky, you find a man who will cling to you, marry you and offer you the security you seek.
BUT-i'm not that kinda woman.

It is hard being an ambitious woman in a sexist world.
Even harder, is being a PRETTY woman on a mission to build and achieve greater things outside of the world's expectations of a woman, with all the sisters engulfed in envy and hatred towards each other's successes, blaming or giving credit to your beauty for whatever little success you have achieved in this testosterone-ruled world.

And MOST of all, it is hard being a woman like me.
Always been an outsider, an outcast, because of my strong personality and character.
Out to fiend for myself in the world, on an endless journey, walking on a one-way road on my way to achieve greatness, and every time I look around there is nobody but me. It has always been just ME.
My path has been a dusty road, an ugly affair, a life of struggle and pain, but through it all I remain sane.
And so, it is hard being a strong woman:
In a world where loyalty has lost meaning, and the rest of the world feeds on the few of us who are still loyal to the bone.
But then, it is hard being a strong woman:
When everybody else feels it is okay to hurt you and fuck you over, because you are strong enough to take it. And not only do you have to be strong for yourself but also be strong for the weak around you, who cannot stand by themselves when they fall.
Give any woman half the amount of bullshit I have experienced, you will have that bitch crumble before she can even take the first step in my shoes. Truth is, not a lot of women were built like me.

The reason I hate these fuckers who mistake me for the "look pretty, dress your best, smile and be ornamental" type of woman every time I am out there. I work hard for what I believe in, my pretty face never did shit for me. I never asked anyone for help, and I don't ask for favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment