Friday 5 April 2013

Happiness is a Choice!!!


Bella Harris
I'm a Queen, not out of pride or thinking i'm better than everybody but in confidence. People like thinking they're just average & ordinary like everybody else but the reality is, there is nothing ordinary about anybody. Each of us is a masterpiece, unique...that's why nobody has the same fingerprints as you do, not even your identical twin. There's only one you and there'll never be another you. A wise man said "believing that you're nothing special prevents you from soaring higher, saying negative things about yourself is putting a curse on your fortune".  

Instead of complaining about what you don't have, be thankful of what you have. Instead of complaining about how far you gotta go, be grateful of how far you've come. I have come a long way, a lotta lessons learnt and I've learned to accept the life I was given. It is an evil world out there and I've learnt to survive, the world has taught me a lot of dirty things but still not enough to take away my humanity. I know my roots, I know where I am coming from and no matter where I go I will always have that with me.

Anyways, happiness is a choice, you have an option depending on how you look at the world. I have gone through the worst of life's scenarios, but I refuse to be mad at life. I have no control over the things that happen to me, but I have total control of how I react to them. If you complain you going to remain, if you praise you going to raise. Do you have the right perspective? Do you look at a glass filled halfway as half full or half empty? Stop being negative about life. Why don't you be thankful that when you woke up this morning you had no trouble breathing? Be thankful about the little things. Staying grateful is the KEY to live a good life, instead of complaining about walking a great distance to go to UNAM cause you can't afford taxi fare: you don't have to walk to school, you get to walk to school...just be grateful that you can walk.

Lord knows I aint perfect, not even close! But who defines perfect? I have stepped on toes, hurt feelings and mistreated some people, and the same has been done onto me. I aint ignorant, I just need to make my own mistakes, we live and we learn...and I wasn't cut out to live a safe life, I live life on the edge! No matter how good things get or how bad it gets, I am just grateful I got to live this life. Met people I never met in my previous lives, did things I never got to do in another life. Right now, I am just a soul searching for belonging, trying to find my way back home (and no by home I don't mean my mother's house) I mean HOME!!!
*Peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment